Tuesday Treasures - January 9, 2024

Three purchases from St. Vincent de Paul.  I'd gone to find a 20" x 16" frame and took a look around.  This was one of the first times in a while I'd found anything other than Christmas lights.  I even skipped the annual half-off day a few weeks ago.

This is a 1950s Japanese boxer with a boot.  I'm not sure how he's holding the boot, maybe there was supposed to be a painted shoelace.  All the others I've seen online look the same.


In the locked case, in a small zip plastic bag, St. Vincent de Paul had this Japanese Chin family of dad, mom, and a single pup in bone china.  You will find these sold online as "Pekinese" and "Shih Tzu."  They aren't.  They are Japanese Chins.  Picture a Pekinese.  Now, make it black and white (most common color).  Give it longer legs.  That's a Japanese Chin, or Japanese Spaniel.  


Last is this vintage fruit color lithograph print in a diamond shaped frame.  There seem to be several others in a series.  Guess how much I paid?  Think about it, and I'll post the answer at the bottom.






I paid just 25¢!
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts