My Favorite Thrifts of 2023

My favorite thrifted items from 2023, by the month.  These include items from thrift stores, garage and estate sales, and curb freebies.  Most months will have two photos, one for general thrifted item and one for artwork.  Dates in linked posts will not correspond with dates here as in most cases the posts were made weeks after purchase.  December's favorite artwork is a new one you haven't seen yet.  It almost made Best of 2023 but lost out two weeks before the end of the year!

 January (I slipped up by not posting about this gorgeous Murano or Murano-type glass ashtray/bowl from St. Vincent de Paul!) and January










May and May



June and June



July and July 












November (vintage painting by Keri Krast, from the Goodwill Bins) and November (not posted yet, it's in an upcoming post about finding milk glass in the Goodwill Bins)



December and December 


Best of 2023 Artwork Runner Up is this professionally matted and framed watercolor by Robert Johansen (1923-1991).  An incredible bargain at just $5.21! 





I found some really nice items in 2023, let's see if I can keep it up in 2024!  

Comments

  1. That's the great thing about blogging, you don't have to necessarily post about things right when they happen. It'll keep until you have a day you need a post for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I have too many pending, and end up consolidating and cutting out the more boring things.

      Delete
  2. Happy new year to you :) absolutely stunning items . I too thrift and I collect a lot of things . I really liked that hen bowl ( yellow color). Will keep looking into your blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! Do you have a blog or website?

      Delete
  3. The sad June dog and the yellow hen (the pink one I bought new in 1998 in a Mennonite store in Iowa, no doubt, is worthless, but it looks just like yours except for the color) are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that basset hound is very sad looking! He's a pottery bank made in Mexico. I wouldn't say the pink hen is worthless. I'd say it would be worth much more than you paid. But, as my mother used to say, "It's not worth enough to retire on!"

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts