Tuesday Treasures - January 23, 2024

 I went to St. Vincent de Paul a few weeks ago hoping to find an off-size mat.  No luck there, but I did find three ikebana* vases.  Yes, THREE!  

This one is art glass, fused glass, from Lewis Creek Glassworks on the Oregon Coast.  

Signed art pottery, in a unique shape, and beautiful green and brown speckled glaze.   



My third slate ikebana vase.  Not marked. 

They were asking the least for the slate, which would have been the most expensive one new.  

Then the manager called out, "There are lots of storage bins for sale!" so I hurried over to see.  There were so many!  I got three large, one under the bed, and one small.  

Yes, Mickey, used storage totes smell funny!  

* Ikebana or kadō is a combinations of two Japanese words, ikeru (to have life or to arrange) and hana (flowers), or "giving life to flowers."  It's the Japanese art of flower arranging.  An ikebana vase  has a kenzan, or spikey frog to hold the stems.  They aren't always, but often are, these flat ones with a built in water reservoir. 



Comments

  1. Oooh, storage bins. I need some storage bins myself. And nice find on the vases. Those are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had quite a lot of success finding them as St. Vincent de Paul.

      Delete
  2. Such a great find - all of it! Love the ikebana vases, I will now be on the lookout for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The slate is a pretty popular type, at least in the PNW, where a lot are made in Washington state. The others here aren't the more common round shape.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts