Skywatch Friday - May 3, 2024

 Skywatch Friday

It's May, but these are some miscellaneous April Skies. 



I think honey locusts at the park are pretty ugly trees most of the year, however their new yellow leaves do look nice against a blue sky.


There's a local woman who owns a former military jet (I don't know how else to describe it, I don't know anything about them to say what it is!) that takes it out on nice days.  I've been attempting to get her on camera, but the sound and the plane aren't in the same place, so I usually mess up!


Not a sky, but something I like.  There were sky puddle reflections too, but I'd have had to park and get out of my car to get them.  Next time.  


Have a nice weekend!  

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. There isn't a lot of city pollution here, so if it's clear it's very clear. Unless it's summer and there is wildfire smoke.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, I can't take the credit for the pretty skies! :)

      Delete
  3. New yellows are looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful contrast with the blue skies and yellow leaves. Not your normal neighbor, the woman with the jet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those trees are photogenic if nothing else! Not close up, but even when bare they make good photos. Ugly though.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful skies, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks. It's as good as an iPhone 8 can get I think!

      Delete
  7. What a perfect reflection in the puddle. And, wow, a local woman who owns her own jet and flies it. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the sky in the puddle yesterday! Yes, impressive, and very, very noisy. At least it's high, when the military ones (a pair) come by now and again they are lower and scary!

      Delete
  8. Pretty blue skies. Around here the gloom has set in. We'll have gray skies for a month or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeps you cooler for a bit longer anyway.

      Delete
  9. I don’t think any trees are ugly. They may not conform to a particular sensibility but “ugly” seems a little harsh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! These are pretty ugly trees at certain times of year! They aren't diseased, but look like it! They do make good photos even then though. There are other plants, shrubs, that I would consider "ugly," as well. To each his own, other people plant them on purpose as I take them out!

      Delete
  10. A lady with her own jet!!
    I suck at puddle reflections. Yours is nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts