Sunday Stamps - May 5, 2024

 Sunday Stamps

Industry 

Okay, I'm really excited by the stamps I found I had (the first three) in my vast number of rummage sale stamps for Industry!

First these three from Romania.  1957 (a very good year, the year of my birth!) for the centenary of the petroleum industry.  



Sticking with the petroleum theme, this is a 1982 Qatar featuring an oil refinery. 


In 2019 Kazakhstan had a series of stamps, Heavy Industry.  This is one.   


Speaking of the rummage sale stamps, I am up to stamps from 163  countries since I added in my meager childhood stamps.

Come back next Sunday for another Sunday Stamps, the theme will be Women. 

Comments

  1. Great finds today, very industrial looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamps!!! Vintage stamps are always awesome. I really like the horse stamp from Romania. (You are 2 years younger than me ☺️)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about your rummage sale find, that is great! And good industry stamps for today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go on an inside tour of an oil refinery to see what goes on with all those pipes! (and as we're getting personal, you are 1 yr older than me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never expected to find a horse on a Petroleum stamp. Had to look that one up! An 1857 horse-operated borer, who knew. Tough luck for the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great finds for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last one seems a photography from a futurist film, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts