Thursday Postcard Hunt - Rivers

 Thursday Postcard Hunt 

Rivers 

My river, Rogue River.  Just a few minutes drive and I get this view!  

Looking across the Salzach River in Salzburg, Austria towards the Old Bishop-Town.   My only memory of being in Salzburg at age 13?  Being locked in a Chevron service station restroom.  On purpose.  By the manager.  Being Americans we were used to service station restrooms being available to travelers, so we pulled up to the side and parked.  My mother used it, then I went in. Couldn't get out.  Oh, my dad was furious I was locked in!  I was scared. Turns out we were supposed to ask to use it.  My only memory of Austria... 

Spokane River, and Falls, in Spokane, Washington.  Postcard is late '30s to early '40s. 


Lakes is next week.

Comments

  1. How lucky you are to be close to that beautiful river.. Wow! what a memory of Austria!!! more like a nightmare 😳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably why it is my only Austrian memory! By the way, my comments are not appearing on your blogs since a few days ago.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful view of your local river, a great place to watch the seasons. Yes holiday mishaps always live in the mind and make for great stories on returning home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we get seasons here! I moved from an area in California where we didn't have the changes.

      Delete
  3. That is a great view of the Spokane river (?) And you have a wonderfully wild river view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coincidentally, the Rogue River is one of the original eight rivers in the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act of 1968! Yes, Spokane city, Spokane River, and Spokane Falls. I almost used the card for the waterfall week, but saved it for river.

      Delete
  4. That's quite the vacation memory from Austria. Yikes. I guess things turned out okay? It's cool you live so close to such a scenic river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately my father spoke enough German to understand what they wanted, and to explain our side. I could hear them, but was still locked in while they talked! It's exciting to see the seasons change too! Never had that in CA. There are areas where the river is calmer, where it's a state park and people swim there.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful postcards, and especially the last one, with its vintage air.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts