Tuesday Treasures - The City-Wide Yard Sale Day! - May 21, 2024


 The City-Wide Yard Sale Day was a big success!  I'm confident in saying, I got more than in any previous years!

A fabulous studio pottery pig bowl in a more gorgeous bright blue than this looks.  Yes, he's pretty large (14" long and 6" deep), however the base has holes for hanging.  They had a pig in a different color and a pretty fish too.  $2

Vintage Christmas.  The knee-hugger and the cat look unused.  Actually so does the... angel?... which is a package decoration, still with the paper you pull off to stick it on (like those bows we use now).  I really like the cat, it has jeweled eyes.  Free!

1950s made in Japan salt and pepper shakers, my first human forms!  $1, from a seller I bought salt and peppers from last year.  

A handmade, antique fiddle!  The woman selling it inherited a lot of family items she had no space for, including this.  For $1 (and was I shocked by that price) I couldn't resist.  It's missing a peg, and two strings (all four would need replacing). For $1 each she had a container of truly antique oil lamps, some an amazing amberina glass, but, alas, I really have no space for them.   

Of course a vintage Japanese ceramic dog to add to my collection!  $1

Free!  Because it is missing the corner piece.  

Vintage grinder missing it's drawer.  I'm not sure about what it was originally used for, it could be a salesman's sample to show housewives back in the day. $1

Avon milk glass double hand dish.  75¢

5 x 7 stained glass (in ugly brown wooden frame) $2

3 glass wrapped candies 75¢

Seven (one may be a repeat) fundraiser cookbooks from a local high school, dating from 1990 - 1994.  I find it interesting that in 1991 and 1992 they were titled "Christmas" editions, yet in 1993 it was changed (and should have been) to "Holiday."  10¢ each  

In the same photo is a local 1985 cookbook, commemoration the city's 100th year.  $1 (too high for the condition)

A miscellaneous bunch of free booklets.  

The bottom two photos are My Friends and the things I should know about them, published in 1948.  It's rather like an address book, but with details to remember, like what size gloves and their favorite cigar!  Unused.  Also free. 


Mickey got a Scrabble double-ended squeak toy. $1


My favorite find of the day is this 14 x 11 landscape for $3. No signature. 

Twig chair $1

Sprinklers $1 and 50¢

Plant stand metal chair 50¢

Wire was free

On to Sunday's leftover free things on the curb finds.

Bobbins (I want the boxes), Mexican leather sandals, a pile of clothes (two pair of jeans and five tops), and two new potholders.

Mexican pottery vase or utensil holder

In a little free art house (like those little free library ones) was this cute painting of a beagle!   It's a take art, or leave art, so I'll go back and leave something next time I'm out that way.


I usually take free original art, even if I don't like it!  I'm not a lighthouse art fan, but I know many people are, so I'll be selling these.  Both by J. L. Ostander.

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, NC
This was in a nice wood frame.  Turns out it's a nice wood plate frame, and new they cost way more than they should!  I don't want to sell it though, it's hard to find round frames, so I'll save it for any round art need that comes up.


Yaquina Head Lighthouse, OR 


There were other odds and ends.  Some gardening items,  a wooden Kokeshi doll, a roll of Contact paper, a few items for my son. All in all, it was a fun day. 



Comments

  1. Wow, you made out. Lots of great stuff you ended up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with it. I just need to find a place for the big pig!

      Delete
  2. Wow, great finds! Mickey lucked out too. He’s so cute,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts