Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - September 2024

 Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day for September 2024

Overall temperatures are cooler, and there were a few days of rain, so things are looking better.  Most summer bloomers are gone, but the blanketflowers keep on going.

SpinTop Orange Halo


There are two daylilies are still flowering.  

May May with Blue Jeans Baby Russian sage.


Brown-Eyed Stella


Angel Shasta daisy


Kickin' series aster, probably Kickin' Carmine Red (it isn't Kickin' Pink Chiffon, what I ordered).

 Fejee or True Beefsteak is still producing lots of flowers, none of which set.  Sun Sugar on the other hand is loving the cooler warm weather and making up for Fejee


Autumn Crocus is just about done, it has such a short bloom time.


The honey bees love it, although they have trouble getting back out.  Maybe the petals are slick. 



The pile of chips is taking a long time to get through!  It never seems to get smaller no matter how much I move!

As of last night.

So far it's been moved into the paths in the front yard.  Some will go into the beds themselves as mulch.

And the  near empty bed under the front window. 


I pried some of the stepping stones up and have to replace them.

It looks SO much better!  

Happy Gardening!

Comments

  1. Your flowers have survived the worst and you have some nice blooms, between the asters and the Shasta daisies. It just made me realize that my autumn crocus, which I saw the leaves of in the spring, has never appeared to flower. Now, at least I have yours to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection this month. The chips sure smooth things out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do make a big difference! Even the flowers look brighter!

      Delete
  3. Very nice September blooming. Love the blanketflowes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so dependable. I like even the regular ones.

      Delete
  4. You are still having lots of beautiful blooms in September. The beefstak, asters and crocus are just lovely. I have never had crocus in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't really crocus, they just call them that because they look like crocus. They are Colchicum autumnale. They are pretty though!

      Delete
  5. Your asters and Shasta Daisies are so pretty and I love the combination of the Russian Sage and Daylily. That bumblebee is surely enjoying those late summer blooms too! Happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it weird that I admire your chip mulch as much as your blanketflowers? I've been putting down mulch in stages (from bags as I foolishly didn't obtain a truckload this year). I ran out of the bagged stuff at the start of a nasty heatwave and still haven't gotten back to the garden center for more. The heatwave also incinerated most of the Gaillardia I still had 10 days ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts