Sunday Stamps - September 1, 2024

Let's take a look at some stamps with food for this week's Sunday Stamps.

Argentina 1942 - series "Fruit Cultivation"

 Gabon 1962 - pineapple, series "Fruits"

Taiwan 2017 - orange, series "Fruits"

Taiwan 2016 - pineapple custard apple, series "Fruits"


Moving on from fruit!

Australia 1953 - Butter, one of three in the series Food Production.  The others are Wheat and Beef, because if we have wheat, beef, and butter, what other food could we possible need? 

U.S.A. 2017 - two from the series "Delicioso"




Next week brings aerial views. 

Comments

  1. I would love to try the pineapple custard apple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, especially if they taste like their name!

      Delete
  2. Oh, these are gorgeous!
    I have never tried "pineapple custard apple", though. The rest... delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the one I haven't tried as well. The names sounds yummy!

      Delete
  3. wow! how many! very attractive fruits. Still, my favorite is the cow. And flan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really thought of food on stamps, but I guess that would be one of the topics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious fruits, all of them! Very sweet!
    We have empanadas in the Philippines, too, and my grandmothers make the best ones :D Fantastic stamps showcasing food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pineapple custard apple sounds intriguing, I'm guessing from the name it must be sweet and tart, an irresistible combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "custard" makes it sound creamy too. Or apple crisp? I guess we'd have to try it. Maybe it will come to a grocery near us, after all things like kiwi fruit used to be rare.

      Delete
  7. Love the design of the Argentina stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about older stamps and their crisp printing I like.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts