Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too, Plus... August 14, 2023

Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too 

Not terribly exciting contributions today, but they are blue and red!

I'm participating in the library's summer reading program, and once I reached a certain milestone I got a free book of my choice off a rack of quite a few.  I'm not sure what the milestone was, as I am logging my books on the Beanstack app, and at some point it triggered an email letting me know I earned a free book.  I picked out what I thought was a mystery, but I forgot to take my reading glass in when I picked my book.  All I could make out was an author's wife is found dead. Turns out, according to Goodreads, the murder has ties to the occult and witchcraft.  Not my usual thing, but it's a murder mystery, and I expect will have a reasonable human murderer.  I also got a book light.  I'm not sure I'll be using it, but it's a pretty blue!  


The Brandywine tomatoes are finally ripening. These two were smaller than past Brandywines, but tasted as good.  I ate them on a sandwich and finished the sandwich before I checked to see if the photo turned out.  It didn't!



Today is also my birthday.  My generous friend, who I've mentioned before, gave me some wonderful things for my collections (dog, salt and pepper shakers, toothpick holders)!  

This Rio Hondo dog is a toothpick holder, so he's a double collectable!

If you'd seen my salt and pepper shakers posts (or the Rio Hondo one linked above) you might remember my Rio Hondo dog peeing on a hydrant.  Well, here is a Rio Hondo dog peeing on a hydrant, but not shakers!  He's bigger.  

 

He's so pleased with himself!  What is fun about Rio Hondo is even if you have some shaped the same (which I don't) their details will be different.  I've seen this peeing dog online with open eyes and no lashes.  Most of them are missing the hydrant and are called "naughty dogs."  Even the ones with hydrants have different hydrants. 

She also gave me a cute hen with salt and pepper shaker chicks that nestle next to her, and a French bulldog mom with two pups figurine made in Japan. 

Now, since it's my birthday, I'm off to collect my free Starbucks!  I'm partial to their iced mocha (I think they call it Cafè Mocha).  I give my son my free Human Bean (already did) and Dutch Bros, those coffees disagree with me, and/or taste nasty.  Then?  Nothing, I'll be hiding from the weather all day.  Yesterday as 105°, today is forecast to be 110°.  







 

 


Comments

  1. Eating something before I check the photo is so something I would do. Fresh, vine ripened tomatoes are just the very best. We have not been successful growing tomatoes since living in an apartment setting. Such a sweet friend to add to your collection. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The past few years haven't been good for tomatoes, so even these few are nice.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday. What fun gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. !! :) HAPPY
    !! :) BIRTHDAY
    !! :) LISA :) !! :)
    The gifts were nice, I know you appreciate them. The lamp looks like it was made for reading in bed.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, maybe it would be good for reading in bed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts