Everything is Coming Up Pink, Pink, Pink! - August 12, 2023

 "Anything Goes" Pink Saturday  

The garden has been taken over by pink!  Gone (almost) are the purples and yellows, it's the season of pink!  Did it hear how Barbie is taking the country by storm and wanted to join in the pink party?

Dazzleberry sedum

Pink Supreme gladiola 


Ruffled Coral Lace gladiola


Another ruffled kind, name forgotten if I ever knew.



Double Click Bicolor Violet cosmos blooming pink, not violet.


Rainbow Loveliness dianthus growing in a concrete block hole, where I did not plant it.


Not pink, here's a white gladiola, one of the colors in the Purple Rain Mix, just because it's pretty. 


And this too for the same reason.  Mix the two and they would make pink.


All this pink makes me think of a childhood movie from 1963, Disney's Summer Magic.  One of the songs is Pink of Perfection.  I'm not sure that someone wouldn't take exception to the song these days, as it's directed to a snobby cousin, in a sarcastic way.  Funny though.  I don't remember if they were singing it behind her back or to her face. "She thinks she's the pink of perfection."

There we have it, a lot of pink, pink, pinkPink has never been one of my favorite colors, yet, in the garden it's fine.

Comments

  1. Pink is the color of many of my flowers, too. But I enjoyed all your glads-pink, coral, red,and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of those are faded now, so they won't even be around for the 15th.

      Delete
  2. I think I did see Summer Magic, but I don't recall much about it. Pink is a great color for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember much of the story. I remember this song, and the Ugly Bug Ball. Burl Ives.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts