Shadow Shot Sunday and Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too - August 27, 2023

 Shadow Shot Sunday 

Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too 

Blue Shadows

As soon as I saw this painting I noticed the lovely blue shadows.  Turns out the artist calls it Blue Shadows!  I know because she, Judy Fawcett, signed it, and I looked her up online to contact with questions.  Just two questions.  Did it have a name, and when was it done?

The artist was kind enough to get back to me, and yes, it has a name, and was painted about five years ago.  It's 16" x 20".  It was slightly damaged on the bottom, as you can see, when it got wet in a basement.  I don't think it will effect its look much when framed.  


Oh, I didn't tell you where I got it!  I hesitate to let artists know when I find them in thrift stores, and even more so when I rescue them from the Goodwill bins.  Yes, this beauty was in the bins.  

Comments

  1. But, you rescued it and it will have an honored place on one of your walls. That's the important thing. I briefly checked out the link and I also like the piece on her home page. Your piece made an interesting journey from Minnesota to where you live, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will go on one of the bedroom walls. That's where most of my floral still lifes are.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful painting! You certainly have found some treasures during your thrift shopping adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm sure the artist doesn't want to know it ended up in the bins, but if it hadn't been in the bins, you never would have run across it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can't put everything donated in the stores, they get far too much. I imagine that's even more true in a bigger city. Or, this may have just gone unsold. I can't find it all!

      Delete
  4. I sometimes rescue from the garbage of others. This one is a wonderful photo. I rescued one picture on canvas, have the canvas or framing to use for myself. Not done as of yet.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Not done as yet." That's the story of my spare room! People do tend to leave perfectly usable items out for the trash instead of donating them.

      Delete
  5. Indeed a great find. Wonderful that the artist got back in touch with you. No use telling them where you got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising how much artwork I find in the Bins, and more surprising that they are often signed and I can find the artists online. I contact them and in most cases they reply back. I ask when it was made, and anything they can tell me about it. One artist told me the location of the landscape. Another the history of the print, her first, and who she had given it to (the family of a now ex, so that's understandable they didn't keep it. No it's not, not if they liked it!). I mentioned Shadowshot Sunday to this artist, so she may read where I got it. Sometimes they ask, and I will tell them.

      Delete
  6. beautiful and yes, 2 in 1 for #RubyTuesdayToo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts