Art Walls

 Many of you know I love to buy art in thrift stores.  Some of you wonder where I put it.  One wondered if she might need to see my wall/s.  So, in the interest of some interest in seeing them, here are a few of my walls.  

Bedroom

I love seeing this view as I lay in bed!  The two above the long one with horses were not thrifted, they were bought off eBay. The dog in the tam is a signed Lilian Cheviot lithograph from Goodwill for just $3.86.  One of my favorites of all my artwork is the little one on the dresser by Edward Enriquez, another rescued from the Bins.  It's one of the "Best ofs..." in this post


The opposite wall above my bed.  All thrifted.  The nude and the floral to its right were out of the Goodwill Bins.  The face on the right is needlepoint.

Hallway

 As far as you can see before it gets dark or glass glaring.  There's Mariner's Bay intaglio by Al Kaufman from Goodwill for $5.00 (longish brown matted near the bottom right).  The beach scene is sandpipers, by Jean Odom, from St. Vincent de Paul.  All the rest are thrifted too, or a garage sale in the case of the black matted Depoe Bay by Betty Ziegler ($3).  The smallest you can't make out here is a print 2/40 LA Burning 3, by Linda Lyke.  St. Vincent de Paul, 99¢.

Spare Bedroom

This is the catch-all room for unused mats and frames, artwork not yet prepared to hang, and miscellaneous art.  The one on the wall behind the paint-by-number horse is a "paint-by-number" needlepoint.  There's a velvet painting of the desert from the Goodwill Bins.  The plastic drawers are my seeds! One drawer for flowers, one for herbs, one for vegetables.

It's also where the paint-by-numbers live.


Living Room 

My three favorites.  "A Bañarse" by Argentinian artist Juan Santiago Corbacho with the horses.   The others are from St. Vincent de Paul.  I didn't hesitate to pay $25 for the large (angle makes it look smaller than it is) palo fierro tree.  It's amazing, and I has a 1940s California artist look to it.   It wasn't until after they'd hung there a while I noticed that beside their similar colors, they all have a tree and a dirt road!  


The same wall, to the left of the television.  The reclining woman is from Goodwill.  The other three are from the Goodwill Bins.  The two mixed medias are by Helle Hamilton,  Kanalen I and Kanalen II. Kanalen means canal or channel, which you can see in the pieces. Hamilton came to the U.S. from Denmark in 1965 at the invitation of her grandfather, famous tenor Lauritz Melchior.  She later married actor George Hamilton's brother.  The actor was best man in their wedding.  I was fortunate to find both in different bins.  One had fallen out of its frame.  10¢ lb. Bins glass price!  I've played artwork Tetris here, as you can see by the filled nail holes yet to be painted over!


The last is the side of the hutch and by the back door.  The large on at the top isn't thrifted, it's by my father.  The still life is by Lloyd Oman, from St. Vincent de Paul for $1, including vintage frame.  Interestingly, the latest issue of Country Living, in their feature What to Collect NowYou heard it here first! Presenting our annual look at what's trending in the world of all things vintage, actually includes bread still lifes!  I'm trendy!  The three on the hutch side are all vintage or antique prints.  There is one more to add to the row, one free from a leftover sale pile.


There are many, many more on other walls not shown here!  


Comments

  1. Considering how often you find artwork at the bins, I'm amazed you have any room at all on your walls. But it looks like there's still some space for more when you find it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts