Skywatch Friday - August 18, 2023

 Skywatch Friday 

Sunrises and Sunsets August 13, 14, and 15.

Sunrise August 13

I didn't change any settings, the sky just changed.  Finally, a moon not blurred!



Sunset August 14



Sunrise August 15



It's a good thing I was able to get these photos earlier in the week.  By Thursday afternoon all there was to see was smoke. By bedtime there was an AQI of 450, hazardous, which it hasn't been for a few years.   I told a family member if I had no pets, and I had the money, I'd go to the coast.  Or at least an air conditioned hotel!  
   
Have a nice weekend.  I expect to be indoors.

Comments

  1. Pretty skies. Stay safe from the smoke. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's nasty. How about you though? Hurricane rains?

      Delete
  2. You did get good moon shots in #1 and #2 and some nice color. But then...AQI of 450 is AWFUL. My eyes hurt thinking of it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't so early in the morning I'd have asked my son (who was asleep) to come give his "new" camera a try. He got a nice one at Goodwill recently for $20. Yeah, my eyes stung. It's down now, and hopefully will keep lowering.

      Delete
  3. As your photos show, the sky is amazing and is changing all the time. Except when it is gray, kind of hard to find joy in gray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. Just dismal grey, not rainy, just like a sad blanket hanging up there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts