Awww Mondays - January 15, 2024

 Awww Mondays 

Benny in his "loft."  The cats have possession of the cabinets above the refrigerator.  I took off one of the doors, leaving the other for privacy.  The bottom floor of the "loft" has two beds, the upstairs is vacant for a cool place in summer, and a warm place in winter (I have ceiling heat).  Ignore the yellow paint, I've been putting that off for way too long to tell you now long!


It's been wet.  Too wet to walk to the park.  Plus, Mickey had to wait for his new harness. It came, but I haven't tried it on him yet.  If I do he's going to think we're going to the park.  So, he's begging me pretty much non-stop!  He's a very good beggar.  For one, his eyes.  For two, he puts all his weight, it seems, on my arm when he leans on me begging. 



Comments

  1. We walk twice a day every day of the year, no matter what the weather. This morning is -9 F, and we will walk for a good 20 minutes. All of us and our Mom all feel better after a walk even in frigid cold, or driving rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mickey has a big backyard to run around in, so it's not vital to go on walks! When we do, once we get to the park, I put him on a long lead and let him sniff wherever he wants, for as long as he wants, so it's not for exercise, more the enrichment. Trainers tell me it uses more energy and exhausts them more to do the sniff-sniffs (as we call it) than a formal walk, heeling. I can't imagine going out in negative temperatures! You are certainly more weather proof than I! :)

      Delete
  2. Your two pets are definitely characters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great place to be in the winter. Cats love being up high. So adorable and yes on your begging pup. They are good at begging. You babies made me smile.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started with feeding on top of the refrigerator to be above the dogs, and Benny would open the cabinet. So, I just let him take it over! The other cat goes up once in a while. Benny still eats breakfast up there, and their all-day kibble bowl is there too.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, best not get Mickey excited about doing out and then deny him. That's a great use of those high cabinets. I'm sure the cats appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an original place to sleep on the fridge ! Poor doggy who wants to go out ! How can you resist these begging eyes ?? Gattina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree about not walking when conditions are wet or icy and slippery. You and I are a bit older and if we slip and fall, we might have to skip walking our dogs for a long time while we recover. We have to do what is best for us and our dogs, even if others get a bit preachy about their "superior" lifestyles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts