Saturday Stuff - June 8, 2024

 While I was away this past week so much happened in the garden without me (I'm trying to save the flowers until the 15th for Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day)!  The front yard coreopsis burst into bloom.  The June bearing strawberries finished (and the ones left are all squishy).  The seeds I was starting were ready to transplant, when they had been tiny things when I left.  

Three Galeux d'Eysines squash are now in the pea bed.



The Cascadia (left) peas managed without me.  Not so the Magnolia Blossom Tendril.  Goes to show why we should choose varieties recommended for our areas.  



A lot of Cascadia were no longer tender snap peas, but I just split the pods and took out the peas. 


The tomatoes have grown a lot.  I took off the first blossoms from all three.  Now the cherry, Sun Sugar, has nice little bundles of blooms.


Little Warty gasteria is blooming.   I got this in 2019 from Mountain Crest Gardens, along with a cactus, Eve's Pin, and String of Pearls.  All are doing well.



On my trip I found a gumball machine with, not gum, but eggs of seeds!  I thought they'd be seed seeds, like recognizable seeds, however they are seed bombs.  I'll soak them a bit to soften them up, and spread the soil/seed into a bed.  I think it's a cute idea to put the seed bombs in those Easter eggs.


It's hot.  Yesterday was in the 90s.  

Mickey has been spending his time sleeping on the linoleum (sometimes I find him in the bathroom, along with one of the cats, who lays in the bathtub), or later in the day, on the grass.  I do have a portable air conditioner, which was brought in from the shed, but not hooked up yet.  It's a small house, so it does the job. 


He likes his new wading pool too.



 Mickey also hoped for frappés, or at least whipped cream!  This had neither, it was just an iced mocha.  Like that fancy Starbucks cup?  It's from Goodwill!  I was NOT going to pay over $20 for one, and was checking the cup/mug stock every time I went into a thrift store.  This one was brand new.  Another shopper got the matching smaller size, also new.  Take your own cup and save just 10¢, but also get 25 bonus stars.  I didn't used to bother since you had to go inside, but now you can do it drive-thu.  I don't go that much, only when they have a special. 


That's my Saturday Stuff. 



Comments

  1. It's amazing how much growing takes place when you're away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, fresh home-grown peas and tomatoes on the way. Yum. Mickey is sweet. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts