Wordy Wednesday - June 26, 2024

More daylilies!

It's a good year for my daylilies.  Could be their old enough to be more productive, but even the new divisions from last year are blooming well.  The only thing different I did this year was toss some granular plant food around the front yard. 

A few repeats from last week.  I don't know about you, but I can't see too many daylily photos!  I can think of one blogger who might agree. 

Double Classic 

Grape Magic (a little snail damaged I think)

Moon Over Monteray 

Scottish Fantasy 

Apricot Sparkles 

Unknown

Stella d'Oro  

I like mine a lot, it's lemonier than the landscape ones around town. 

Chesapeake Crablegs 

Lullaby Baby is going crazy this year!

May May is too. 

American Revolution in the back yard is doing well. 

Wayside Knight Royale (this is what it is "supposed" to look like, not pale like the ones I have elsewhere)


Edna Selman 


Ruffled Apricot (in the backyard this one has much larger flowers than those in the front) 


Not to forget the orange ditch lilies.


More daylily flowers this year means more cucumber beetles on the daylilies.   This is a Spotted Cucumber Beetle, they also come Striped.  I try to catch them, put them on the ground, and if they don't fly off to quickly, step on them.  I am sorry to do it.


Five of these came from divisions given to me by a generous friend.  A few from online daylily companies (Smokey's Gardens was one I have bought from twice.  They don't seem to have a sale page anymore, too bad.), and even Walmart.  Walmart's are cheap, with small roots, so they take longer to establish.  Stella d'Oro and Grape Magic were bought in 2020. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts