Sunday Stamps - August 18, 2024

 Sunday Stamps this week has the theme of Patterns.  I took that in several different directions.  

There are patterns in lace. 

Hungary, 1960


There are quilt patterns. 

U.S.A. 1978

Patterns in backgrounds.

Czechoslovakia 1946

And lots of patterns around edges of stamps. 

India 1950s


There are also patterns on the wings of butterflies.

Poland 1967


Hungary 1959



Colors is the theme for next week. More colorful than butterflies?  Come back to see! 

Comments

  1. Lace is always beautiful on Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stamps are a great canvas for patterns. You thought of very different ones!
    Those quilt stamps are among my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've seen the whole set of those quilts until now. Lace doilies are not so much in fashion, but I still have a couple that I put out every now and then. I love their delicate patterns. The older stamps almost always had a patterned edge, which is sadly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lace is pretty. Those borders are cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lace stamp!! and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the two sets of butterfly stamps. And oh, for the days of 13 cent stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the shapes on the quilt stamps making them look like handbags. I like the old ornate designs and patterns, a superb engraved stamp from Czechoslovakia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts