Tuesday Treasures - August 20, 2024

 It was my birthday not long ago (last week).  I thought I'd treat myself to a little something in the shape of a ceramic Scottie dog wearing a little tam, with a spaghetti glaze.  It had been in the case at St. Vincent de Paul for months.  Naturally, it was gone.  On the way home I stopped by the Goodwill Bins to look at just the breakables and check for artwork. Art is usually laying right on top if it's big.  

There was a fabulous painting!


It's big, 38" x 24" and unsigned.  The stretcher bar company was most active in the '60 and '70s, and by the condition of the canvas it's probably the earlier date.





If there's anything I don't like about it, it's the storms on either side, especially the one on the left. They draw the eye away from the hills, and are unnecessary.  

No Scottie dog in a tam, but I think I like this better.  I need to find a large space though, 38" wide is wide! 

Comments

  1. Interesting article I just read here on your blog, I am following your articles a few days and there is a lot of interesting information I liked.
    Meu blog: storysaver.net download

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're finding it interesting! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful painting! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's gorgeous, the colors are incredible.

      Delete
  3. Apparently you were not to have the dog. It is a nice painting. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but my friend gave me a some! They'll be posted soon.

      Delete
  4. You did well with this painting. Love the colours! And, a belated happy birthday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a really pretty painting. I sometimes stress over all the art being discarded when I'm not there!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts