Sunday Stamps - August 25, 2024

 Sunday Stamps

Colors

Two takes on the theme.

Stamps with many colors. 

U.S.A. 1985


Brazil 1976 - series Puppet Theater
Mamulengo is a type of puppet theater from northeastern Brazil.  The name may come from Portuguese mão molenga or "soft hand." Mamulengo puppets can be glove puppets or marionettes.  The glove puppets are animated with three fingers, thumb and little finger for the hands, and index finger for the head. https://wepa.unima.org/en/mamulengo/

I like these stamps a lot!  


Stamps of many colors. 

That is, stamps with the same image, in different colors for different denominations.  While there are plenty to chose from, I liked these from Portugal 1953 with the seal of King Denis, the Farmer King or Poet King.  He ruled from 1279 to 1325.   The stamps also have a pattern in the background, last week's theme!






Next week the theme is Food!

Comments

  1. Those puppets look fun. I quite like the muted colours on the Portuguese stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Portuguese ones too. I have a few more, but darker colors. I have no idea where so many came from, they are in my childhood album, and I'm not as old as they are!

      Delete
  2. Some people find these boring, but I like to see the different denominations of the same design, in different colours. You have quite a collection from Portugal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the Brazilian stamps: really colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I remember that first stamp. Vaguely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The puppets are very colourful and I do love a puppet theatre. The Portuguese ones are a super design, I too have some from my childhood album

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts