Floral Friday Fotos - July 26, 2024

Floral Friday Fotos 

Pinks and Purples

My favorite gladiola, Pink Supreme.  It's more than just plain pink.



The wisteria has a few second round of flowers.  I'll pulling off the pods from earlier in the year, they are toxic to dogs.  Since Mickey has gotten older (3 1/2 now) he doesn't grab everything, but it's better safe than sorry.  I tried to get rid of the plant altogether, but it came back.  It's now advised to plant native wisteria, not this type.  


Grandpa Ott morning glory


I love the bright light that seems to come from deep within morning glories.  A few years ago I wrote this poem for my other blog in the form mondo.  A mondo is a poem with a question and an answer, often written by two poets in collaboration, and a focus on nature.   Oh, it is also syllabic.  

Trip to Faerie

This light that issues

from the blue morning glory,

where does it originate?


Faerie, I’ve no doubt.

A dreamland for bee visits;

See? Pollen glows on her back.


©2021 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


It was accompanied by this photo.  


The New Dawn climbing roses beginning to fade.



Comments

  1. Oh, that gladiola! So pretty. Your wisteria is so pretty, I didn't realize the pods were toxic to dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pinky color of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gladiolas, Wisteria, Morning Glories, and Roses...great garden stars. And your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts