Sunday Stamps - July 28, 2024

 Sunday Stamps

Western Hemisphere

Brazil 2006

Manicurist, a part of the professionals series.  I'm not sure about her lack of face other than one large... mouth?

Great Britain 1949

King George VI between Hemispheres, East and West.

United States 1955

Atomic energy is seen circling two globes, roughly showing the Northern Hemisphere with the Western part on the left.  The quotation around the edges come from the Atoms for Peace speech by Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1953.


August brings new themes.  Next week will be Sports.

Comments

  1. The two globes stamp is really cool! There are two stamps with two globes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the theme I tried to find a country in the Olympics and a literal take on the hemisphere theme. I was surprised so many stamps did have globes.

      Delete
  2. I think that is the spookiest of the Brazilian professions stamps possibly because of the disembodied hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the atoms for peace stamp. I've never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see it as one eye on the Brazil stamp. It's a very stylized face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find those Brasilian professions stamps to be difficult to decipher! I like the different views of the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about the mouth: the important thing for manicurists is hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...it's a shame that mankind has never been able to use atomic energy peacefully.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts