Thursday Postcard Hunt - Maps

 Happy Independence Day U.S.A.! 

image

Thursday Postcard Hunt

A new theme for July: Waymarkers 

This week, week #1, is Maps.

Portland, Oregon

This one featuring the map of Iowa was sent from my son and daughter-in-law on a drive from the west coast to the east coast.  My son wrote, "The pigs are not really that big."  Silly son.


Linen map of the Monterey Peninsula, CA


I've never been to Wisconsin, but I like its postcard map.  A few too many places to be easily readable though.


Next week: Lighthouses

Comments

  1. Portland, Oregon and Wisconsin maps are my favorite! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was kind of your son to clarify there are no giant pigs in Iowa. I like they included the American Gothic couple.

    And there are a lot of wonders in Wisconsin! Maybe you should visit there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a child (even before school age), my best friend and next door neighbor's family was from Wisconsin. They moved back there by middle school. Waukesha. We were still pen-pals for many years after that.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed seeing the Iowa map. I lived in Iowa for a brief time and I can also confirm that their pigs are of normal size. The corn is, too. It's an interesting state and I enjoyed the tribute to Grant Wood. I drove past the American Gothic house (at least in 1976, it was still standing) and I have refrigerator magnets of several of Grant Wood's other works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes one would need a magnifying glass to see all the wonders of Wisconsin. In the 'less is more' category my favourite is the Iowa one and also now know the fun fact that it is the tall corn state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was quite taken with all the bridges in Portland. The musical note with the goldfinch made me laugh:). I have a big desk top magnifying glass which helps immensely with maps like this Wisconsin one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts