Wordy Wednesday - July 24, 2024

 Just a few words from around the garden. 

It's mostly being left to fend for itself, weeds are growing like...  well, weeds.  I water, and that's it, since it's still hot, and the air is smoky, fluctuating between unhealthy for sensitive groups (orange) and unhealthy (red). 

I've got tomatoes! 

Sun Sugar cherry is starting to ripen.  There'll be more than two soon!


Lemon cucumbers are blooming.


Albion strawberries are day-neutral, so are fruiting again.  Not many, or I'm not finding them.  The strawberries have overrun their bed and taken over a lot of one end of the Pollinator Garden.  Day-neutral means they are not sensitive to the amount of daylight like June bearers.  They are sweeter than Hood, but not as productive.  However, my Hood are June bearers and finished for the year. 


A pretty combo of blazing star and blanketflower. 


I have a couple more daylilies to share.

One is an unknown name yellow.


Then, this is Happy Hunting Grounds


That's about it for today.  



Comments

  1. I wouldn't be working out in the garden right now, either. Sure, the weeding will be intense later, but it's not worth tiring yourself out right now. It'll cool off eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weeds are extra bad this year since they went to seed last year when I had COVID.

      Delete
  2. Fruits and veggies and flowers, oh my! Enjoy! (Your Blazing Star Liatris are lush, lovely, and full. :) )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts