Motley Monday - October 21, 2024

 A few Halloween related photos, and termites swarming.  A strange combo to be sure!

Benny the Fat Black Cat

My son joked that he thought Benny wasn't allowed outside!  It took me a moment to get that he meant Benny was bigger than a house.  Like in that book by Dav Pilkey, Kat Kong.  Many years ago we went to a Dav Pilkey book signing. My son was so awed he just stood there staring and my daughter, when asked how they liked the new book said, "It was okay."  He looked surprised and asked, "Okay?"  Well, it was really more of a "boy book," if you know Dav Pilkey!  


The nearby coffee drive-through (Dutch Bros) had some sidewalk chalk, Halloween themed for the most part.  I guess there was a lull in the customers. (Sorry they're mostly sideways, I was in the drive-through lane.)







The subterranean termites swarmed right on schedule, after the first rain.   I wrote about them last year around this same time (Sept. 27, 2023) so you can click this link to read that! 

Comments

  1. That is one very black cat!! I love the chalk drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only white on him is a little spot on his shoulder of about five white hairs. Even his lips are black.

      Delete
  2. It looks like Halloween in the air! Love the cat photo and chalk drawings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts