Tuesday Treasures - October 15, 2024

 A few streets away there lives a couple and granddaughter who have yard sales nearly every nice weekend, and I have been stopping in for at least three summers.   I don't know where they get their things, but they always have a new selection, other than collector/souvenir spoons, they always have thousands of those!  Sometimes they have vintage glassware.  Other times newer things of no interest to me.  This time they had lots of vintage... well, things! 


Tiny charms and buttons, cocktail picks and pins...

...a copper "going steady" or "lovers" double heart pin (similar ones online are dated 1930s to 1940s), which would have been etched with names in each heart... 

and an Italian metal Kit Carson from 1977, which was a Kinder Surprise (sold at kiosks, not in candy eggs).

The promotional metal piggy bank from the 1950s is from a savings and loan that used to be in my city.  It's missing the key.  You can find them for sale online from other financial institutions.

Oh, dear! Did I open this '50s chalkware bell pepper wall decor's original packaging?  Yes, I did!  It's "brightening" my kitchen wall as we speak read.

All shown in the photo above (even Roosevelt laminated onto a wooden plaque, there in the background) was only $3.  These people have a variety of things, and very cheap prices! 

Even at $10 the 1930s camera I got my son was a great buy.  It's some sort of Zeiss folding camera.  I think it's the oldest camera in his collection. It came with some sort of view finder (second photo down, in the right bottom corner).

There were also three negatives, two of which were for these images.



It's always worth stopping at this yard sale a few times a year! 

Comments

Popular Posts