Thrifting Special - Halloween 2024

I've been thrifting holiday items all year, and once again it's time to share my Halloween finds!  Some of them... 

Blow mold Jack-o-lantern pails.  Incredibly, these '80s and '90s pails are extremely collectible.  Why do I want them, and so many of them?  I want enough to hang one on every eave hook across the front of my house.  I only had a few last year.  Three from the Goodwill Bins, one for 25¢ at a yard sale.
Now I have enough to stretch across the front of the house!  The hooks were already there, old ones that used to be for Christmas lights, I guess.  We hang the lights with gutter hook/clips.


Light-up Jack-o-lanterns.  Two of the smaller trio work.  All from the Goodwill Bins. 
1977 honeycomb kitty in a pumpkin from a yard sale.  


An opened two pack of these honeycomb cats, which I opened!  Yeah, nearly 50 years old, but what fun are they flat in the packaging? 


Goodwill Bins, it's eyes light up.


Oh, this was an incredible find in the Goodwill Bins!  This is Batilda Witch and her pet crow by Joe Spencer.  Even secondhand on eBay she goes for over $100.00!   You can see how large she is sitting in the desk chair.  She's heavy too.  The Bins charges by the pound, except large and/or heavy items, so Batilda was only $3.00.


Also Bins finds.  If Batilda wants another crow, he's available.  The merry-go-round lights up!  There are 73 little erasers I will give out along with candy on Halloween.  I'll also get some themed pencils from the Dollar Tree.  Even the teenagers seem happy to get those. The blow mold row of Jack-o-lanterns originally would have lit up, but I only found the front portion.  Still perfect for setting on the hand rail. 
A crow stake courtesy of the Goodwill Bins.


Now, I'm pretty sure I have plenty of Halloween decorations!  Actually, I added some things not shown to the donation bag!  

Comments

  1. Fun! And the decorations look great along the roof line and around the house. Happy Halloween (almost)! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts