Thursday Postcard Hunt - Wine, Beer, Tea, and Coffee

Wine, Beer, Tea, Coffee is the theme for Thursday Postcard Hunt this week.  

I found this theme to be not as difficult as I expected.

A bottle of dessert wine served with Alsatian Kouglof on a French postcard.

An Indian butler on a postcard from The Phototype Co. Bombay.


First Planning, a postcard of the painting by Tadonori Yokoo, 1996

Mexican clay devils enjoying bottles of Dos Equis®. 

Another Mexican postcard, this one of a traditional mezcal distillery.  Tequila is a type of mezcal, but not all mezcal is tequila.  Both are made from agave.

Red Dog Saloon in Juneau, Alaska with beer brand signs in the windows. 


Come back next Thursday for Multiviews on the Food and Drink theme.

Comments

  1. I wonder which beverage is depicted by Tadonori Yokoo. Beer?
    And I am not 100% that I would dare to enter that Red Dog Saloon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the Red Dog Saloon of old. It still exists, a "premier destination for great food, entertainment, and memories." Now it's full of souvenirs and merchandise! And children. So, a tourist spot. It was probably more fun way back when, although you do read about Alaska's wild past!

      Delete
  2. Schlitz *shudder*!! I was not expecting the scene at the bottom of the Japanese poster! You found an interesting variety of cards, each could provide quite a story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting grouping. Glad that you had many examples in your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprised myself! I buy odd cards at the thrift store (for some reason St. Vincent de Paul always has them) for 5 cents just in case there's a theme to fit! Or they fit the theme...

      Delete
  4. Very interesting cards and original too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some I agree are quite interesting! Even weird I guess!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts