Tuesday Treasures - October 22, 2024

Goodwill has a new loyalty program, GoodRewards (it's only offered by specific Goodwills, so you might not have it), where you get 1 point for every $1 spent, and quite a few for donations, depending on how much you donate.  You can get a physical card in the store, which they then scan for purchases or donations.  Or, sign up online, which I did.  Then, no physical card, so I had to take a screen shot of the "card" with the barcode.  Now, I have to open my phone photos and find it so they can scan.  I wish they'd add the option for inputting a phone number at the register.  I had some things I was saving for St. Vincent de Paul (there are still some things I will continue to donate there), however they only take donations Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, which was not the day I filled my backseat!   So, I thought I'd try donating and see what I got as a reward.  

25 points!  That's the same as spending $25!  Added to the 200 first use bonus points, and spending $3 in a store, I have $5.70 in my account!  The program needs a bit of tweaking in the donation area I think.  The employee needed to take my phone into the warehouse to scan it.  I didn't mind, but others (with nicer phones) might!  

Of course, the donation center I go to is at the Goodwill Bins location, so I went in, still searching for slippers.  No slippers, which I later found at St. Vincent de Paul.  Artwork though!

The Dying Shall Rise, is by Toni De Mello, an artist in Ashland, OR.  I was drawn to the blues and textures.  

Ruffles - macro-photograph, by Richard Urbanski, is a big 16" x 20" on a float mount.  It's not as pink as it looks here, it's a lot more orange.  The photo is of an orange peony the photographer bought at our local growers market in 2014.  He believes it turned out "suboptimal," as he was still practicing still life photography, however I don't! 


After seeing the label on the back, I thought I might as well give it a chance so long as the price was right.  Since it was so heavy I asked the employee to weigh it before committing.  She asked where I found it (in a regular bin) and what it was (at the time I thought a painting), and she said "How about 72¢?"  She used the glass price, since paintings usually have glass (and sometimes she gives deals, shhh... sometimes she's just fed up with management, shhh... and after all, in an hour or so it would have been rolled out the back doors to become salvage).


That day I also got a Stanley Powerlock tape measure!  Well worth the $1.89 a lb. and I always can use another!    

Not a thrifting find, but I did want to share the kindness and generosity of another blogger.  

Eileen at https://mvmaithai.blogspot.com sent me many lovely postcards from her travels!   Thank you, Eileen!  

So many countries!  Aruba, Germany, Canada, Jamaica, the US... so many.  That top one is from Austria.

Also five postcard books. 

Here are four of the most colorful.  Am I the only one that had never heard of Trump's Castle (no longer around)?  Maybe those on the east coast knew of it.  Funny postcard; I like Merlin!



Comments

  1. Could you maybe print out the barcode? That way you wouldn't have to give over your phone. Although, screen shot is a great way to keep those things available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finds. Love the ruffles image and, of course, the postcards especially the postcard books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts