Thursday Postcard Hunt - Food and Drink

 Food and Drink is October's theme for Thursday Postcard Hunt.

This first week will be Fruits and Vegetables.

1945 linen 

1941 

Aroostook is a county in Maine.  It produces about 90% of Maine's potato crop, much of it "new" potatoes. 

Cabbages sure grow big in Alaska!  The only thing I like cabbage in is potstickers.

Passion fruit on a Postcrossing card from Brazil.  The sender included a recipe for, not passion fruit, a "famous" drink made with Brazilian rum!


Next week: Sweets and/or Desserts 

Comments

  1. Yes, there are so many Florida oranges postcards! The Brazilian card is so pretty. I recently tried passionfruit juice and discovered I don't like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had an opportunity to try passionfruit or the juice. The fruit looks kind of... well, icky!

      Delete
  2. I am afraid there is not any vegetable I don't like to eat!
    Regarding postcards, those vintage orange postcards are gorgeous. But the potatoes (so many!) and the cabbage (so big!) are really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! There are quite a few vegetables and fruit I won't eat!

      Delete
  3. We used to have some old orange crates with the farm labels on them. When I was a kid. From back when the area I live in was more agricultural (which was before we moved to the area, way before I was born).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. That cabbage is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these old postcards. We have a rich history where I live (Orange County) with all the orange and avocado crate labels. They've become very collectable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that potato field seem to go into infinity. Love new potatoes and indeed cabbage although I couldn't handle that giant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts