Before the Frost - October 26, 2023

Some flowers after a recent rain, and before tonight's forecasted frost.  Some flowers won't mind the cold until the first hard frost. 

Dazzler penstemon surprised me by blooming a second time.  The first was in May, then I cut it to the ground.


Prostrate rosemary is a sure thing most of the year.  This is one of the original herbs I planted in 2012. 


Here's what it looked like eleven years ago!  It's just behind the little daffodils.  


The rose of unknown name.  


One of the few nasturtiums I got this year.  "They" say nasturtiums like heat, the ones that grew this year are blooming now in cooler temperatures.


This little oak with autumn color came up in an empty container last year.  No reason not to let it stay.  These oaks come up all over the yard and I pull them out with effort.  They have long tough roots!


I'll leave you with a PSA from my pharmacy!  I was there earlier to get not one, not two, but three vaccines!  'Flu, COVID, and RSV.  RSV got its own arm, since it's a new one and that way I can tell if it reacts.   


Now, I need to go out and cover the faucets. It won't be a hard frost, but I need to get it done.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts