Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - October 2023

 Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day October 2023

I checked, and it's pretty much October as usual. 

A mention of the eclipse yesterday.  It was visible!  The photos, such as they are (which means not so good) will be shared on Friday. 

Several colors of calendulas, Double Dynasty dianthus, and Moonshine yarrow


UpTick coreopsis looking extra ruffley. 

New Dawn climbing rose, one Bright Lights cosmos, sorry looking lavender rose, and globe amaranth. 


Persian catmint (yes, still and again!), Red Riding Hood penstemon, and Angel Shasta daisy. 

Blanketflowers of all colors. 


Profusion Santa Barbara daisy (fleabane)


Dandelion and California poppy.

Lots of alyssum.

Still some black-eyed Susans, orange mint, and a second round for Dazzler penstemon.


Lots of other little things. Delosperma.  Gaura. Lance-leaf coreopsis. Four o-Clocks.  Wild basil.  Rosemary. A few last of many things.  Tall Plains coreopsis.  Knautia.  Lavenders. 

Hope your Bloom Day is a good one. 

#gardenbloggersbloomdayoctober2023 #gardenbloggersbloomday


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It does make my yard look like a veritable flower garden!

      Delete
  2. Your blanket flowers immediately caught my eye. So pretty! Your poppy and even your sorry looking (it wasn't for me) rose. I love that lavender color on the rose even if the bloom isn't rose-perfect. One of the thing I enjoy about your garden is that you grow things I don't (or can't). I used to grow (and enjoy) alyssum, both white and purple, but I haven't in recent years. Ditto for roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't grow roses. Too much trouble. The lavender one was here when I moved in, and the climbers I did plant, but they don't get pruned or dead-headed so they are on their own.

      Delete
  3. You have a very nice range of blanket flowers, Lisa. I envy you the calendulas and the penstemons too. I cut my Achillea 'Moonshine' back in July in hope of another flush in the fall but thus far my plants have refused to accommodate me - I'm sure the early fall heatwaves haven't helped matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a few near 90s days too not long ago. Things are much happier now. Red Riding Hood is a dependable second bloomer if I cut it back. Dazzler is newer and I wasn't sure how it behaved.

      Delete
  4. You've got a nice collection today. Happy October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't gotten very cold yet. The blanketflowers won't mind at first.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful!
    My favorites - the Blanketflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many more flowers still abloom in your part of Oregon! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blooms and colors to share. Thank you so much. You brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! So many lovely autumnal colors. Interesting that the season is running on time on the west coast but behind on the east coast. Hope you are enjoying every minute! - Julie Witmer, formerly WMG

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know there were that many different types of blanketflower. I should give them a try again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed looking at all the beautiful flowers blooming in your October garden. While we are in a cooler zone than you, our asters and sunflowers are still going strong, and blooming their little heads off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts