Tuesday Treasures - October 10, 2023

On recent Bins trips I found:

 A 3" brass candlestick.  It is unmarked.  


A cornhusk doll.  You may have seen her shadow on Shadow Shot Sunday. 

A wicker purse, like new.  It's lined with red and white checked fabric, like a picnic tablecloth!  I've stored it away until next summer.


A 6" chalkware figure of a Russian boy.  He needs his left toe fixed.  I'll probably grind up some chalk and make it a paste.  After all, that's chalkware, and I won't have to buy any plaster of Paris!  I find one other example online where he's called "rare."  Who knows if that's the case.  Lovely face painting.  I think I'll add him to the Christmas display, he can be a sort of drummer boy.  He won't be the only one off sort of thing.



Mickey got a squeaky toy donut. 


Comments

  1. The wicker purse is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice and seems well made. What look like pen marks, which I thought they were, are actually the thread tacking the lining in. I don't know why they used black. Maybe one color for whatever they sew for simplicity.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts