Motley Monday's More Frost - October 30, 2023

 No synonyms for "frost" starting with an M, so no alliterative title.

The past few nights of below freezing temperatures killed a few more plants.  

Four o'clocks of course.  


Black-eyed Susans


Dahlias 



Nasturiums 


Wild grapes 

There are still some hardy flowers hanging in for a bit longer, including calendulas, blanketflowers, and dianthus.  Some blanketflowers that is, others aren't fairing as well.  



This blanketflower continues to bloom, however you can see how the petals are frost damaged.  The honey bees are running out of time.  

General pretties on these cold mornings.




Ice crystals in the dog's outdoor water.  




Comments

  1. Wow, the ice leaf impression is amazing. We supposedly had a hard freeze last night...even though we hadn't had a frost previously (at my house anyway). But I think last night was a frost and not a freeze here...too many plants are still blooming and standing here. The hanging Fuchsias and several other plants are still going strong, while the Zinnias and Cosmos are gone. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think the fuchsias would be gone if it was a hard frost. I don't bother with them even though I love them in summer.

      Delete
  2. Not only did I love the ice leaf, but the frost pictures were perfect for Halloween Eve. Our turn will come between tomorrow morning and Wednesday morning. RIP growing season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we get time off from garden chores now! I don't grow cold weather crops.

      Delete
  3. I'm sad for the flowers, but hopefully you're enjoying the cool temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I promised not to complain when it got cold after the hot, smokey summer. So, I won't complain! It's cold going out with Mickey in the morning.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts