First Frost 2023

 They were right, it was below freezing last night!  It's still only 33° at 10:30.  I love frost photos, so braved the 30° temperature earlier to take these.

That's the last of the cosmos. 


Dandelion

Turkish sage leaf

Turkish sage seed heads. I'm glad I left these, they add something to the autumn garden.


Blanketflowers don't care if it freezes or not.  The wilted ones will pop back up when they thaw out.   Later they won't fare as well and I'll cut them back.  


Witch's hat




"Ice" is one of Mickey's vocabulary words.  He doesn't care for ice cubes, but when he hears "ICE!" outside he comes running!  


Then we came in and cuddled under a blanket on the sofa. 

Comments

  1. Great frost photos. I'm sorry for the destruction of the flowers, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the intricate patterns of the frost.
    No frost here in Mississippi yet, but colder temps are in store for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! (Cute video of Mickey.) It appears this will happen in my garden tonight or tomorrow night. I guess it's time, but it's also sad. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your frost photos. I love the change in perception that frost brings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dandelion is so beautiful! And I could almost like the phlomis with that frost on it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts