Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too - October 23, 2023

 Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too

Nothing quite as red and blue as Virginia creeper in the fall against a clear blue sky!  


There are to areas of it growing on a dividing half fence, more like just a privacy type thing.  The sides in full sun are red red red, the shady side tends to a pretty orangey salmon pink color. 








The berries and leaves are blue and red too.


I tried without success to remove it when I first moved in.  At least I got it cleaned up, the decades old dead branches are gone.  However, it's a pretty invasive plant, and I've since given up and learned to live with it.  Unfortunately, before I knew better I threw some cuttings into the compost pile and now it's covered in Virginia creeper!  


Comments

  1. Interesting how the red varies throughout the plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so true: What a beautiful combination. We have Virginia Creeper and Thicket Creeper here...often hard to tell them apart, but the latter doesn't climb as much. Both are lovely in the fall. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning shots #RubytuesdayToo (and #BlueMonday)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts