Thursday Postcard Hunt: Formal or Fancy Dress

 Thursday Postcard Hunt

Formal or Fancy Dress 

No one could be as fancy as The Silver Queen in Virginia City, Nevada!  Dressed in 3,261 silver dollars, with 28 twenty dollar gold pieces as her belt, she can be seen at the Silver Queen Hotel & Saloon (and wedding chapel).  Oh, it's also one of the most haunted spots in the state of Nevada!

Going Out or Woman at Vanity (Norman Rockwell, The Saturday Evening Post cover on Oct. 21, 1933) 


Next week?  Headgear!  

Comments

  1. Wow how heavy must the silver queen dress be

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was exactly my thought, Joy!
    How many little girls looked on as their mothers made themselves glamorous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's quite a dress! Gotta have a lot of heft to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most haunted spot in Nevada? I want to go. Sadly, I doubt I'll see any ghosts, though. They seem to avoid me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about the Silver Queen. Not an easy dress to wear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts