Sunday Stamps: Music

 Today Sunday Stamps brings us Music. 

Australia 1982

Korea, from the 1974 Korean Musical Instruments series. 

1964 U.S.A 


Next week is Snakes, the Colour Green, or an Irish Stamp. Sounds like fun!

Friday I went to a church rummage sale with some friends.  One of the things I bought was a large shoebox filled with stamps for $10.  Filled booklets, envelopes, and what will probably amount to thousands of loose stamps.  I counted out a pile of 100, and it was a very small pile.  There are antique stamps, old stamps, fairly new (that is, since I have been around!), and stamps from dozens of countries!  The American Music stamp above was one I happened to see.  I'll be posting about the rummage sale, or maybe just the stamp portion, on Tuesday.   

Comments

  1. I love the graphics of the first stamp! And what a great find that box of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so overwhelmed by the stamps! I looked through two of the small booklets, and there must be more than 15 more countries to add to the list!

      Delete
  2. It is so exciting to rummage through a new haul of stamps (or postcards)!! those Aborigines sure are having a good time (not sure what the newer proper term is, will have to look it up. maybe Native Australians?) Non western instruments are quite exotic and innovative looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like postcards best. In fact, if I get myself motivated the flea market is back today (after the winter off), and there is a vintage postcard and photo seller there.

      Delete
  3. The Australian stamp is Excellent, and I like that you have taken us to a few different countries. Have fun sorting through your find

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found stamps from 72 countries already! It's overwhelming me!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's quite the haul of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? If I'd seen the table for just "collectibles" I might have gotten some more! There were two other people holding stamp books and boxes.

      Delete
  5. Very different and original stamps for today's theme.
    You have quite a task with that shoe box!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts