Wintersowing Update #1

 I didn't sow many milk jugs this year.  Honestly, I didn't!  Just 16.  I'm not sure why, just lazy I guess.

Of the first ten, eight are up.  The later ones haven't germinated yet, but it's not been long.  

#1 breadseed poppy mix - these need to be transplanted very carefully, they will have long taproots.  Poppies are actually better direct seeded in fall or even winter.  


#2 calendula, Sunset Buff - obviously I need to resow these!  Or just direct sow later.  


#3 Russell lupine


#5 rocket larkspur - one I'll also direct sow, or just scatter.


#6 bachelor buttons, dwarf mix - another to also direct sow, I can never have enough of these!


#7 Tidy Tips - good ol' Tidy Tips!  A great wintersowing success flower!  Always the first to germinate, and the first to need transplanting out of the jugs.


#8 candytuft, dwarf 


#10 globe gila - another fast wintersower, the bees just love it.  I also have it in some beds that have self-sowed. 


Hopefully the others will germinate soon.  I am especially looking forward to the lemon mint!  

I'll be doing the A to Z of Winter Sowing (or Wintersowing, I haven't decided which, since both are used) in for the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge.   

Comments

  1. Nothing wrong with having a lazy year. It looks like you did a lot to me, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no... I've over a hundred in past years! Too much.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts