Skywatch Friday - March 29, 2024

 Skywatch Friday

A few random end of the month (already!) skies I've been saving. 

It's usually a nice big sky looking south from the Goodwill Outlet parking lot!  

A double rainbow (look closely, the one on the left is pale) and a view of my neighbor's backyard.  It looks so much smaller than mine, yet it's the exact same square footage.  While I have a lot of stuff growing, and beds, and trellises, and a wire fence sort of thing dividing what I call the people backyard (deck, lawn, herb garden - although the lawn is mostly shot and the deck is rotting, the herbs are great!) and the far backyard (raised beds and shed), they just have one big rectangle and it looks smaller, and much, much narrower.  Boring too.  As the expression goes, "'To each his own,' said the old woman as she kissed the cow."  

The view south from my rotting deck.

Oh, to have a real camera the morning there was a huge full moon at 6:30am!  My son would not have taken it well had I woke him up to take a picture.  For a few days the full moon, and nearly full, was so bright, and the air so clear after rain, you actually couldn't look directly at it.


Have a nice weekend.  See you in April.  

Remember it's the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge starting Monday!  26 days (daily with Sundays off) of anything A to Z. Anything.  Click below and sign up.  Sure, April's a few days away, but this can be a lowkey no-challenge challenge if you want it to be.  Favorite foods.  Something you see around town.  Random thoughts.  Books.  Quotes.  I'm doing The A to Z of Winter Sowing. 

www.a-to-zchallenge.com

Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, I love rainbows especially.
    I have a feeble minded great aunt in South Dakota who got all mad at me because I posted a drone shot on social media of my back yard from 150 feet up and of course my neighbors' back yards were on the shot as well. She said I was violating their privacy blah, blah, blah. Nobody was in the shot and everybody's yards were pretty ordinary. I ended up showing her how to unfriend me on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like they were skinny dipping in their backyard pool!

      Delete
  3. Have you ever noticed how the second rainbow is the inverse of the main one? And if the light was bright enough, there could be a third.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful skies and I lovely double rainbow. Be careful on that rotting deck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts