Tuesday Treasures - March 26, 2024

Here are a couple things I got at the same rummage sale where I bought the box of postage stamps.  

I thought I'd done well finding this Westmoreland milk glass rooster.  It wasn't until I got home I discovered a chip and crack hidden under the masking tape price!  As a friend said, "Not very churchy."  It was a church rummage sale.  At least you can't see the damage when the top is on.  I wouldn't have bought it had I know. 


I got another piece of milk glass there, a Hazel-Atlas candy dish in a diamond quilt pattern.  


Then, this little cutey came from the Goodwill Bins.  Just something someone made with nuts and bolts, but I like it!  


Speaking of the postage stamps... would you believe I have a list of 147 countries?  I do!  No, I have more.  I added three or four over the weekend.  Some will be countries with changed names, but I think that still counts.  If Bechuanaland became Botswana who I am to only count the stamps as one country? Bad example.  I don't have any Botswana stamps, only Bechuanaland. Ever heard of the Orange River Colony?  I hadn't.  It only existed for ten years, as a British colony in southern Africa. There was occupying and annexing, several Boer wars involved... 

I've sorted through the box once.  Now I have two boxes, U.S. and foreign (which will have many mistakes) and a group of interesting ones that have been photographed and added to my A to Z list. 

Comments

  1. Sorry about the crack. It's still a nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's on the shelf with the hens on nests. I'm not happy thought!

      Delete
  2. Great finds (even with the crack). You find such interesting items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in great shape, even the paint, other than that. It's like something fell on the bottom when the lid was off. I'm glad you find my finds interesting!

      Delete
  3. Stamps these days! And that too from 147 countries!

    That nut-bolt truck looks charming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts