Sunday Stamps: Uniforms

Sunday Stamps this week is Uniforms.

1963 Liberia

In the U.S. nursing uniforms have been pretty much phased out, however, they, especially the caps (unique to each nursing school) are still worn in many other countries. 


1973 East Africa 

Four stamps were issued to commemorate the 24th World Scout Conference.  Lord Baden-Powell was the founder of the World Scouts.   He earned the title of "Chief Scout of the World." 

1940 Australia and Oceania with the Australian Imperial Forces. 

Next week:  Bunnies, Chocolate, Eggs, Churches, Flowers... after all, it will be Easter!

 

Comments

  1. I like the motto on the Liberian stamp, something for all countries to aim for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think a country should want its citizens to be healthy, so should be willing to provide health care. Healthy citizens are more productive after all. More production = more taxes paid!

      Delete
  2. My mind went to military uniforms, and so I'm glad that you have medical ones in youor selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found more military uniforms. A few nurses.

      Delete
  3. Your stamps have led me down a rabbit hole of historical nursing uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother has a picture of her when she graduated nursing school with the cap and gown that is traditionally associated with nurses. I never saw her actually wear anything like that, though. By the time I was aware (and likely before) she wore scrubs at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrubs are more logical, and surely more comfortable. And caps? I wonder if anyone actually could tell them apart?

      Delete
  5. You have thought of diferent uniforms today, great. I didn't know about the caps being different in every school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot more military uniforms than any others. I remember a hospital years ago that had a display of different caps and what schools they signified.

      Delete
  6. What a great collection! I love BadenPowell stamp (reminds me of my girl scout times). And the Liberian stamp is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl Scouts was very popular when I was growing up. I opted to be a Camp Fire Girl instead.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts