Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - April 2024

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day April 2024

First, a honeybee in prostrate rosemary.

Sea Thrift 


Bearded Iris (unknown variety, free off Craigslist) 


Tuscan Blue Rosemary (this may be going away, it's very much outgrown the bed)


Wisteria is almost open.  I count it as "blooms" because it is showing color! 


Blue-Eyed Grass (not a grass, it's an iris family member)


Fire Storm Geum


You may already know I'm not a fan of tulips.  I leave these red because they have pretty markings inside.  There are two of the small red/yellow mottled ones, which, since I didn't plant them, are probably a mix of the red and yellow.  


Hardy Geranium Breeders Mix


Black Cumin 


Early bolting parsley.  Good thing I planted new ones! 


Calendulas that overwintered.  The fancy ones never do that.  

Onion Chives (only one of the patches, this one actually overwintered) 

There are other flowers, some are closed up because it's cloudy.  California poppies.  There are loads of strawberries blooming, but the rain knocked most of the petals off.  

Oh!  The best is last!  Finally I have freesias that aren't just yellow (funny that, in CA they were ivory).  These are from a Dollar Tree mix.   The orange flowers are creeping wallflower. 

 


Happy Gardening!  


 

Comments

  1. Spring has brought you some lovely blooms I do enjoy tulips and your blooms are a pretty color. Glad you kept the red ones. My issue with them, is the squirrels digging them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, very strangely, I have no squirrels. Not this neighborhood. There are squirrels in other parts of town, but never one here in the years I've lived here, and that's since 2011. I do have owls and other raptors, so many they learned to move away? There are trees. Maybe none with what they like to eat. I asked once, and was told they are here, I "just don't see them." No. There are no squirrels!

      Delete
  2. Wow, your garden is really blooming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like saying, "Finally," but it's probably no later than usual.

      Delete
  3. Please be aware that your link in the GBBD linky leads to a Not Found page. But, of course, I found you and enjoyed your blooms. So nice to be able to grow rosemary outdoors year round! I like tulips and I'm amazed that many people don't seem to pay much attention to the patterns inside the flowers as they open up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went to this post (a different window), clicked to go to GBBD, and clicked my Linky, and it came here, this page. I'm glad you found me another way anyway! I wonder what happened? Maybe the Linky was down when you tried it?

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers! I'd love to have that Tuscan blue rosemary for my garden, just how large does it get? I thought your Black Cumin looked very like a Nigella (Love-in-a-mist) and looked it up--the botanical name for this is Nigella sativa. Sativa means 'savory' that is, edible. The Love-in-a-mist flower is Nigella damascena.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange Freesia are hard to find! Most of mine this year are yellow or white as the gophers seem to have taken out the majority of the blue/purple ones I so carefully planted 2 years ago. Your noID dark purple bearded Iris reminds me of one that flowered on my back slope but unfortunately I don't have a cultivar name for it either as I inherited them with the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts