Sunday Stamps- April 14, 2024

This week it's Trees and/or Leaves for Sunday Stamps.

I have three.

Ceylon, 1938, featuring a woman tapping a rubber tree. 

Jamaica from the same year, 1938, showing "Coco Palms at Columbus Cove."  Columbus Cove is in Drax Hall.  It's described as a "hidden gem," but being a search brings up many sites stating that, it's obvious a popular beach!

1913 French Dahomey (former French colony in former French West Africa, now Benin) of a man climbing an oil palm. 


Next week?  Dragons and Saints!  

Comments

  1. I like that all the stamps are classic/ vintage. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the old stamps, they look like tiny block prints!

      Delete
  2. I love how each of your stamps has a person included. (was I the only one with the rubber tree plant song going through my head...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but I never thought of it! Now I am, and can't stop!

      Delete
  3. Me too, I like these vintage stamps. No doubt these trees must seem very odd the first time one sees them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder who first discovered they could use that sticky latex from the rubber trees?

      Delete
  4. Great stamps! The first one is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the vintage/antique one color with black stamps.

      Delete
  5. The Ceylon stamp is a beauty. Quite accurate Columbus Cove would have been a hidden gem but at the time of the stamp:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts