L Is for Lavender

 L is for Lavender. 

This shows the young winter sown plant after removal from the milk jug.  I transplanted it to a container rather than the ground to get bigger.  This is a tender perennial lavender, Origano, which is a fern-leaf type. 


This one is from the 25¢ Dollar Tree seeds. It's True lavender, or common or English lavender.  It's a perennial and bloomed the first year. 


The reason there are not photos of everything in the containers, or grown, is because some photos never made it to the blog, and are still on the computer I recently replaced.  

Comments

  1. ahhh...lavender! I love that plant. When I see it in somebody's yard I always go and touch it and then smell my fingers.... so good. I had one in my garden but it died and I never replaced it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does smell so nice! The only thing nicer for me to brush against is rosemary.

      Delete
  2. Lavender is one plant I've never had luck overwintering for some reason, but there are a couple of lavender farms within 40 or 50 miles of here, so someone has good luck with growing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you plant English lavender or the more tender French and Spanish? I can't grow French or Spanish here.

      Delete
  3. No worries about missing photos. You can only do so much, and that you've gotten something for all the letters is enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the photos are on the other computer, so it's just laziness not to get them! The thing is, it's not hooked up, and it's all in pieces and I just don't want to deal with hauling it out to the table and hooking it all up, then either sending the photos via email or transferring them. Sigh... I'll get to it some day.

      Delete
  4. I have several lavender plants in the chicken runs, so they can rub against them and spread the oil over their bodies (it helps against mites and other insect infestations). It also smells great :-)

    Ronel visiting for L: My Languishing TBR: L
    Lamia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice! I didn't know that about helping with mites.

      Delete
  5. Very nice, even for Dollar Tree seeds!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts