Tuesday Treasures - April 2, 2024

 I'm going to do something a bit different from my usual treasures found thrifting post.  I haven't been finding much of interest for a while.  Nothing worth mentioning here at least.  I've walked out of all the local Goodwill stores empty handed for weeks.  It's not just higher prices, if something is unique I'd still buy it. No, it's the stuff.  The shelves are full of what looks like leftovers from yard sales found free on the curb.

So, instead of sharing artwork I've bought, here is some artwork I've done!  Not recently.  No excuse for that.  These are done in pastel pencil.  I use photo references.

Egret, one of the few birds I've done.

This Margay won a $75 prize in a country fair. 

Horse of course! 

You can see how I used a mat with acid and it discolored the paper. 


  If I don't find anything interesting by next Tuesday I'll be sharing some of my father's paintings.  

Comments

  1. Oh wow, I didn't know you painted. Those are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Pastel. I can't paint! To me painting just covers up my pencil drawings.

      Delete
  2. Impressive!! That egret is awesome!!! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the egret is one of my best works! I usually do mammals.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts