Thursday Postcard Hunt - Bicycles and Tuk-Tuks

 Thursday Postcard Hunt

Bicycles and Tuk-Tuks

Not being familiar with tuk-tuks (motorized rickshaws), I've stuck with bicycles. 

A cute linen postcard from the 1940s.

Bicycles in front of a bicycle shop in Berkeley, CA.  Postmarked 1908.  The "Berkeley Station" mentioned was the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway station in Berkeley. 



I thought it was interesting it was postmarked in CA when it was mailed, and again when it arrived in Arkansas.


Next week is cable cars and gondolas, two with various meanings, one for gondola that isn't even transportation!  I may not find a postcard of that though.  


Comments

  1. I like to keep the options open to interpretation! I have a few cards where it has been postmarked from both the sent and received locations - and sometimes at various places in between. Now, we're lucky to get even one cancellation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I've only seen where they were sent from. You are right, more are missing a postmark at all.

      Delete
  2. The first postcard is very cute (And drawing a bike is not easy!). And there are a lot of bikes in the second one, sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about drawing bikes! Anything with wheels actually. I remember just how bad they, and cars, were when I was growing up! Well, now too if I tried to draw them.

      Delete
  3. Great postcards, as usual! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled to have been pointed the direct of this blog hop! It was Mail Adventures who mentioned it in a comment on an A to Z Challenge post.

      Delete
  4. Those are fun. (We have a pizza parlor called Gondolas around here. Pretty famous. Had been around for decades.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old postcards. This one appears to have kind of an interesting blue wash on it. It shows a time when horse and buggy and automobiles shared the road!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Berkeley Station card with its little pockets of activity and transport. Reminds me of a sleepy high noon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts