Z Is for Za'atar

Z is for Za'atar.

Za'atar is an herb blend as well as the name of a type of oregano used in the blend. It grows wild in Jordan and Israel.  The flowers are much different from my other oreganos. 


The záatar is just under the dianthus, above the marigolds, looking like oregano.


Here's the end of another April Blogging from A-Z Challenge, and The A to Z of Winter Sowing!  Hope you come back before next year.  I post almost every day.  Sunday is a blog hop, Shadow Shot Sunday, where all you do is share and link a shadow, as well as my contribution to a blog hop Sunday Stamps.  Tuesday's post is Tuesday Treasures, where I share things I found in thrift stores, at yard sales, etc.  Thursday is also another participation post for Thursday Postcard Hunt.  Gardening fills the empty spots, and gets squeezed in on the busy days too, especially now that spring is in full bloom.
Oh!  Not quite the last A to Z!  There is an A to Z Reflections Post later this week, where I'll share my thoughts on this years' challenge.  The Reflections post is actually part of the Challenge, like the pre-letters Theme Reveal.   

Comments

  1. This whole series was well done. I thought the pictures were good and you gave just enough to read every day. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pictures are often my favorite part of reading other blogs, so I take a lot. This was a very simple year as far as writing much!

      Delete
  2. I am always amazed when we can find words beginning with "difficult" letters. I never heard of zaatar. Congratulations to you also on completing the A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it in an seed catalog once, or I wouldn't know it either!

      Delete
  3. Did you grow it just for the A to Z? It's good to be able to plan things out like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! This one I grew for a different kind of herb! I like getting seeds of herbs I can't find as plants. The nurseries have the same ol' stuff.

      Delete
  4. You did it. With two blogs. Congratulations on finishing! I grew zaatar one year - it is interesting to experiment from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expected it to die over the winter, but it's been fine for a few years. We did do it! Thanks to you I even know about the A to Z!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts